14V Alternator Controller Unit (ACU), Voltage Regulator with Built-In Over Voltage Protection Aircraft Cessna, Beech, & Grumman Alternator System. R15V00 Rev A 14V Alternator Controller Voltage Regulator OV Protection
- Installation Drawing
- Return To Service Tag
- Warranty Card
- Product Eligibility Catalog (PEC)
- Troubleshooting Notes
- STC Certificate
- Instructions For Continued Airworthiness Maintenance (ICA)
See Core Details Below
Voltage Regulation, Remote Voltage Sense
“The Controller or Voltage Regulator, with Remote Voltage sense of the Alternator output, keeps the bus voltage constant by controlling the field current increasing it when the system load increases and decreasing it when the load drops.” R15V00 Rev A 14V Alternator Controller Voltage Regulator OV Protection
Low Voltage Warning Light Output
A warning light connected between pin I and the bus comes on to warn the pilot if the bus voltage exceeds the OV level or the alternator is off-line due to Field-to-Ground Fault Protection (GFP).
Field-to-Ground Fault Protection (GFP)
An alternator field-to-ground short will cause the field-to-ground short protector to deactivate the Controller and switch on the unit’s Red TSL, and the LV-OV indicator on the instrument panel. R15V00 Rev A 14V Alternator Controller Voltage Regulator OV Protection
Trouble-Shooting Light (TSL)
The TSL (on the unit) is designed to alert the user to the condition of the Alternator / Controller (ACU) system. R15V00 Rev A 14V Alternator Controller Voltage Regulator OV Protection
The built-in OV Sensor provides OV protection by turning off the OV relay inside the Controller if the bus voltage exceeds 16V. With the relay off, the Controller and the alternator turn off to protect sensitive avionics equipment and the battery. R15V00 Rev A 14V Alternator Controller Voltage Regulator OV Protection
- Increased Regulator life
- Reduced panel lights flicker
- Warns the Pilot of Low & OV Conditions
- Protects against grounded alternator field
- Identifies grounded field. Reduce trouble-shooting time
- Protects system loads against overexcited alternator
- R15v00 voltage regulator ACU Cessna Beech Grumman Alternator Systems
- Acceptable Core Part Numbers:
- R15V00 Rev A
- R15100 Rev A (Upgrading to R15V00 Rev A requires the removal of the separate OV Sensor)
- Return cores to the address found on the invoice, include a copy of the invoice with the core return
- Core charges are refundable if an acceptable core is received within 15 days of receipt of the exchange unit.
- Cores returned after the allocated 15 days will not receive a core refund.
- Cores returned with the wrong part number, serial number, revision level, or physically damaged will result in a partial or no refund.
- Core returns are not subject to the return/warranty policy, a refund/credit cannot be issued
- Core returns that are older than 5 years will receive half the core refund
- All shipping charges, custom tariffs, taxes, or other related charges are the sole responsibility of the customer.