14V Alternator Controller Unit (ACU), Voltage Regulator with Field to Ground Short Warning
- Installation Drawing
- Warranty Card
- Product Eligibility Catalog (PEC)
- Troubleshooting Notes
- Instructions For Continued Airworthiness Maintenance (ICA)
Voltage Regulation, Pulse Width Modulated
The Voltage Regulator with Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) field control keeps the bus voltage constant by controlling the alternator’s field current: increasing it when the system load increases and decreasing it when the load drops.
Field-to-Ground Fault Protection (GFP)
If the alternator’s field shorts to ground, the field-to-ground short protector will deactivate the Voltage Regulator, and switch on the unit’s Red field-to-ground short Red TSL.
Trouble-Shooting Light (TSL)
The TSL (on the unit) is designed to alert the user to the condition of the Alternator / ACU system.
- Increased Regulator life
- Reduced panel lights flicker
- Protects against grounded alternator field
- Identifies grounded field
- Reduced trouble-shooting time